CNC Machinist, 1st Shift
The CNC Machinist (Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm) will be responsible for operation of CNC Machining centers in a high-volume manufacturing environment. The technician may be asked to support other processes or production lines as demand and production schedules dictate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong, internal working relationships across ConforMIS.
- Understand the objectives, responsibilities, and mission of the Production department and works towards those goals.
- Prioritize and plan work activities; adapt for changing conditions.
- Operation and light maintenance of CNC machining centers and associated tools.
- Hand deburring of metal medical implants after machining.
- Perform in-process inspection of CNC machined parts.
- Perform timely and accurate transactions of workflow in ERP system.
- Maintain CNC machine spare parts and consumable tooling.
- Assist in the investigation and implementation of corrective actions on product and process failures.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety regulations, personal protective equipment requirements, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and Good Manufacturing Procedures.
- Interface with vendors to seek solutions for equipment repairs and refurbishment.
- Responsible for upkeep of manufacturing areas and provide a clean and safe work environment.
- Review all manufacturing documentation, assembly, inspection, test packaging procedures and provide feedback.
- Support engineering activities such as process validations and equipment qualifications.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Technical education preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in a medical device and/or regulated environment.
- Demonstrated English reading and writing skills.
- Familiarity with ISO Standards and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Familiarity with Oracle (or equivalent) ERP systems and Microsoft Office Applications.
Skills, Abilities, and Competencies Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced, hectic, ever-changing environment with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor own work to ensure quality, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time-management skills.
- Able to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with inspection equipment (calipers, micrometers, comparator).
- Experience with metal polishing and other post-machining processes.
- Experience operating and maintaining CNC machining centers.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment a plus.
- Manual dexterity and coordination to handle and control parts during polishing and operations change.
- Proficient in the use of hand measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced envrionment and multitask. Comfortable with change.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Familiar with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Familiar with general machining techniques and practices.
ConforMIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer