Director, Specialty Accounts
The Director of Specialty Accounts will be responsible for developing and implementing the sales and marketing strategy for Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) accounts. This role will be responsible for targeting ASCs, establishing key relationships within targeted accounts, and driving new business through these accounts that perform outpatient partial and total knee replacements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, develop, strengthen, maintain, and expand relationship within ASC accounts resulting in measurable sales growth.
- ASC account focus will be on C-Suite executives and administration contacts at both local ASC facilities and national ASC entities.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and clinical to develop the ConforMIS economic value proposition specific to ASCs; share this value proposition with specialty accounts to develop new customers across the US.
- Partners with the field sales team to drive ConforMIS utilization with new and existing accounts; collaborates with field sales to solve issues and capture additional opportunities within each specialty account.
- Develop and grow mutually beneficial customer relationships within and beyond the ASC community, including, but not limited to physicians, nurses and technicians, administrators and other orthopedic staff.
- Leverage expertise and knowledge of specialty accounts and surgical selling to drive cross functional activities and plans that develop key business opportunities.
- Provides thoughtful input to key leadership in order to drive strategic best practices, product uptake and full commercial collaboration.
- Prepare presentation materials for communications with C-Suite and sell value proposition in connection with the local field sales team.
- Achieve sales objectives within targeted systems.
- Help create and roll out marketing programs to contracted customers.
- Evaluate strategic opportunities with select accounts and outlines solutions in meetings with Finance and Sales (when appropriate); Works with Legal to review contracts and other matters if necessary.
- Additional duties include performing administrative work, including managing account documentation, compliance training requirements, and expense reporting.
- Understands and knows all products, surgical procedures, and programs and can speak knowledgeably with both account and surgeon customer son these subjects.
- Coordinates regional management, agency, and sales representative training on standardized programs that will be implemented by Specialty Accounts.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering, Accounting, Marketing or related field required; MBA preferred.
- Prior experience working closely and partnering with ASCs to grow business opportunities.
- Proven experience developing new relationships and accounts to drive revenue growth.
- A Minimum of 4 years’ account management experience, to include the operating room and orthopedic devices or implants required.
- Knowledge of surgical orthopedics.
- Comfortable driving multiple initiatives at a rapid pace, making thoughtful recommendations with available data.
- Active, effective communicator who drives company vision/mission to align teams, critical resources, management, and stakeholders.
Skills, Abilities, and Competencies Required:
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objectives.
- Able to lead in a matrix organization by influence.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate effectively and appropriately within internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to make decisions; builds commitment for decisions and overcomes resistance from others.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team; demonstrated experience building a strong team environment.
- Demonstrated original thinking and able to generate creative solutions; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Able to excel in a high-pressure, fast-paced, ever-changing environment; adapts to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events while meeting objectives, budgets and timelines.
- Ability to travel up to 60% domestically as needed.
ConforMIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer