Facilities Maintenance Technician
The Facilities Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing maintenance activities on building infrastructure support systems and on manufacturing equipment including clean rooms and CNC machining equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong, internal working relationships across ConforMIS.
- Understand the objectives, responsibilities, and mission of the Operations department and works towards those goals.
- Prioritize and plan work activities; adapt for changing conditions.
- Perform general maintenance on all manufacturing equipment including, but not limited to the assembly, installation, or repairing of wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- Responsible for upkeep of manufacturing areas and provide a clean and safe work environment.
- Support engineering activities such as process validations and equipment qualifications.
- Interface with vendors to seek solutions for equipment repairs and refurbishment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety regulations, personal protective equipment requirements, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Good Manufacturing Procedures.
- Record completed PM action to log form as directed by the log form instructions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical education preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a medical device and/or regulated environment, preferred.
- Electronic/Electrical/Mechanical background preferred.
- Competent in reading mechanical, electrical and ladder diagrams.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment a plus.
- Working basic knowledge of hand tools (socket set, metric wrenches, tools, multimeters, etc.) and must be able to wear the necessary personal protective equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, non-slip footwear etc.).
Skills, Abilities, and Competencies Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced, hectic, ever-changing environment with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor own work to ensure quality, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time-management skills.
- Able to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, lubrication, pneumatic, DI water, sterilization, and/or HVAC system operations – required.
- Familiarity with ISO Standards and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Applications and common Preventative Maintenance Work Order systems.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to lift, pull, and push up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Capable of working in material blending and machining areas with necessary personal protective equipment (eye protection, dust mask, nitrile gloves)
- Ability to work overtime, extended hours and weekends as business demands.
- Must adhere to quality and safety standards established by FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Ability to work in changing environments (reduced lighting, increased noise, temperature variances, dust etc.).
ConforMIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer