Payroll & Expense Coordinator
The Payroll and Expense Coordinator will be responsible for processing and maintaining payroll and employee expense information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong, internal working relationships across ConforMIS.
- Understand the objectives, responsibilities, and mission of the Finance department and work towards those goals.
- Prioritize and plan work activities; adapt for changing conditions.
- Timely and accurate processing of weekly and semi-monthly multi-state payroll.
- Administer Time & Attendance system, including employee set up and maintenance, employee security group assignments, monitoring supervisor approvals, and transfer of data to payroll.
- Book payroll related journal entries.
- Administer various payments, i.e. sales commissions/bonus, new hire supplement for sales representatives, terminations, sick leave, vacation pay, retro pay, severance, stop payments, manual checks, and adjustments.
- Maintain employee payroll records.
- Responsible for payroll tax compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Determine payroll related liabilities and PTO.
- Reconciliation of payroll reports to general ledge.
- Coordination with HR on benefit and garnishments updates.
- Reconciliation of W-2s.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting an analyzing information.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures.
- Process time sensitive expense payments.
- Audit and process weekly expense report per Company policy.
- Maintains employee confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Data entry and reporting.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 3-5 years payroll processing experience.
- Understanding of federal laws and employment standards as they apply to payroll.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Experience with payroll and expense software is a must. ADP experience is strongly desired.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel.
- Experience providing payroll support to a large employee base (300+).
Skills, Abilities, and Competencies Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced, hectic, ever-changing environment with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor own work to ensure quality, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time-management skills.
- Able to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-Starter: seeks out information, training, and other resources needed to facilitate continual professional development necessary for success.
- Demonstrates ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to work with multiple layers of Sr. Management and Staff and provide effective communication at each level.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, resourcefulness, and circumventing obstacles.
- Proven experience building relationships with diverse individuals and groups and creating a welcoming and productive business environment.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, ability to priority work, multitask, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Strong writing, proof reading, and math skills.
ConforMIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer