Regional Sales Manager, East (NJ/PA/MD/DE)
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for the achievement of the annual sales goals in their geographical region. Overall responsibilities include overseeing a multi-state region that includes the management of both direct sales representatives and distributors. This position will require extensive travel within the region in support of acquiring new customers and servicing existing customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, direct, and support the Sales team. Hire, train, develop, teach, coach, mentor, motivate, discipline, and reward staff members.
- Meet regularly with direct reports to review performance, identify any issues and set expectations of goals.
- Analyze, prioritize, target, and effectively sell to orthopedic and sports medicine surgeons, key staff and managers in hospitals an ambulatory surgery centers in consideration of territory and quota, using different strategies and tactics as appropriate to varying sales situations, including sales at multiple levels within the hospital.
- Employ strong organizational, negotiation, presentation and customer relations skills to clearly communicate company, technology and product value propositions and practical value and differentiation to generate new business.
- Lead and coordinate effective training efforts for several departments and varying healthcare professionals including surgeons, surgical assistants, unit mangers, surgical nurses and general nursing.
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with key decision makers (e.g., surgeons, RNS, administration) to increase customer appreciation, loyalty and improvement of company products and service.
- Team closely and effectively with sales, marketing, clinical and development to achieve specific objectives.
- Demonstrate command of local market factors influencing territory business including high potential physicians, competitive analysis and market trends.
- Display and apply comprehensive knowledge of orthopedic joint reconstruction and sports medicine knee procedures and products
- Manage territory sample inventory at the appropriate level, and be responsible for all documentation regarding the sale, transfer or return of these materials.
- Perform effective territory management that generates sales, develops new leads and maintains current business, resulting in yearly growth.
- Demonstrate increasing levels of selling skills, product knowledge and territory management with increased tenure.
- Develop an effective teamwork relationship with other ConforMIS representatives and internal team within the assigned geographical sales territory.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 7+years of demonstrated successful medical device sales experience (in the orthopedic industry preferred).
- 3+ years of sales management experience.
- Must live in vicinity of assigned territory.
- Good driving record.
Skills, Abilities, and Competencies Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team; demonstrated experience building a strong team environment.
- Able to excel in a high-pressure, fast paced, and ever changing environment; adapt to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events while meeting objectives, budgets, and timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and maturity in working with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time-management skills.
- Able to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel up to 80-90%, both domestically and internationally as needed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales objectives.
- Working knowledge of joint reconstruction preferred.
- Knowledge of knee anatomy preferred.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Demonstrated comfort in operating room environments.
ConforMIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer