Sales Training Manager
As part of the commercialization team at ConforMIS you will be challenged to develop a knowledgeable national sales team supporting all aspects of customized orthopedic total joint technology. A challenge tied to interrelating orthopedic total joint concepts with selling skills in today’s fast paced and changing healthcare marketplace. It requires the ability to sculpt content, identify productive content delivery models and the ability to motivate a diverse sales organization to achieve targeted revenue growth by trained sales professionals committed to the position of a medical colleague with the surgeons they represent.
As part of our marketing team, the Sales Training Manager at ConforMIS will be responsible for customer creation and be committed to annual revenue growth. They will construct and implement a strategic road map for a comprehensive sales training program to support annual company objectives while establishing scale for future growth. The ConforMIS Sales Training Manager will be responsible for coordinating all field sales education tied to franchise development, successful selling in the current hospital environment and comprehensive product and support knowledge. This road map will be created in collaboration with senior management from the marketing and sales teams at ConforMIS. The right candidate will create assessment protocols, set performance metrics, evaluate productivity, and have a passion for creating confidence in a sales organization to achieve strategic growth goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Immediately engage and evaluate existing sales training programs.
- Evaluate the needs and plan training programs to support product marketing and field selling activities in the current revenue year, including independent agency activities, train the trainer activities and on-boarding of new sales personnel.
- Develop, implement, and monitor field sales training programs collaboratively throughout the organization.
- Develop a 12 month and 3-5 year strategic road map for a comprehensive sales training program to support the ConforMIS Field Sales Team.
- Proactively identify opportunities to advance professionals development for field sales professionals.
- Coordinate with multiple departments to develop multimedia learning tools, visual aids, and presentations.
- Provide classroom training, develop role play workshops and demonstrate successful field coaching during co-travel.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and national programs as assigned.
- Manage the implementation and facilitation of both on and off-site training activities and events.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of training and development programs and assist int he development of strategic plans.
- Work closely with sales management to inspect training and sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships, peer support and internal company relationships with other key management personnel.
- Understand the sales training needs of the business and field sales representatives to develop specific training programs to meet these needs.
- Develop and maintain sales rep on boarding program to be used by ConforMIS to include professional credentialing.
- Work effectively and closely with external training agencies when applicable.
- Effective communication with all ConforMIS stakeholders required.
- Ability to construct and manage the annual sales training budget required.
- Understand the objectives, responsibilities, and mission of the marketing department and works towards those goals.
- Prioritize and plan work objectives; adapts for changing conditions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience required.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Sales, Sales Training and/or Marketing roles in a corporate environment.
- Experience in medical device and/or related surgical specialty market required, orthopedic experience preferred.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Able to identify technology and cloud platforms to extend resources.
- Able to learn a complex and evolving business model to appropriately identify the needs of the supporting sales process.
- Experience with sales skills methodologies and long term strategic planning a plus.
- Must have the vision and capability to develop training programs that translate strategy to actionable programs.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment supporting a commercial team.
- Ability to translate customer data into functioning strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor the work of direct reports to ensure quality, accuracy, and thoroughness.
Skills, Abilities, and Competencies Required:
- Ability to travel up to estimated 25-30%, but as required to develop an effective sales training program as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team; demonstrated experience building a strong team environment.
- Able to excel in a high-pressure, fast-paced, hectic, ever-changing environment; adapt to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events while meeting objectives, budgets, and timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and maturity in working with all levels of the organization.
ConforMIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer