Sr. Software Engineer
The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for the development of software components and procedures used to generate patient-specific implant designs from medical images, using experience in image processing and medical imaging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong, internal working relationships across ConforMIS.
- Understand the objectives, responsibilities, and mission of the Software Development department and works towards those goals.
- Prioritize and plan work activities; adapt for changing conditions.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team of imaging specialists, software engineers, mechanical engineers and surgeons.
- Design, implement and test image processing and 3D modeling algorithms.
- Coordinate with other team members to determine software requirements.
- 3D GUI development.
- Develop software validation and bench testing protocols.
- Perform and document all R&D efforts according to the company’s FDA and ISO quality system procedures.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree. PHD preferred or equivalent experience.
- Must have strong background in image processing algorithm development and computer graphics / visualization, preferably in medical applications, with a solid foundation in mathematics.
- OpenGL experience.
- Solid coding skills and techniques including OOA / OOD / OOP using C++.
- Experience with Qt application framework.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced, hectic, ever-changing environment with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor own work to ensure quality, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time-management skills.
- Able to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working a government-regulated environment, such as FDA, FAA, SEC, DoD, etc. and/or certified environment such as CMM/CMMI, ISO.
- Experience with automated test tools and test frameworks
ConforMIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer