Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Surgeon at Lederman-Kwartowitz Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, East Lansing, Michigan
Dr. Collin O’Keefe joined Drs. Lederman and Kwartowitz in August 2015, immediately following his fellowship training. He earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame and his doctor of osteopathy degree from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
According to Dr. O’Keefe, “I chose orthopedics because I enjoy treating injuries and restoring a patient’s function. Often in medicine, we are only able to treat symptoms of a disease rather than produce a cure. I feel orthopedics is one of the few specialties in which we are able to fix the root cause of a problem. There is no better feeling than treating a patient and helping them get back to the things they previously enjoyed.”
Dr. O’Keefe sees patients at both the West Bloomfield and Farmington Hills offices. His primary field of interest is sports medicine and joint preservation in the active patient. He is fellowship trained in orthopedic sports medicine, with experience in knee and shoulder arthroscopy, trauma care and fractures, and osteoarthritis and joint replacement.
As Michigan natives, Dr. O’Keefe and his wife chose to remain in the metro Detroit area to be close to both sides of their family. When he’s not working, he’s most often with his wife and family, including two daughters. As a third generation graduate of Notre Dame, Dr. O’Keefe is passionate about Fighting Irish football and he also enjoys playing golf with friends.
Education & Training:
- Medical Degree: Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, East Lansing, Michigan
- Internship (Chief Intern): Garden City Hospital, Garden City, Michigan
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency (Chief Resident): Garden City Hospital, Garden City, Michigan
- Sports Medicine Orthopedic Surgery Fellowship: Detroit Medical Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- Michigan Osteopathic Association
- Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital, Commerce Township, MI
- Providence Park Hospital, Novi, MI
- Botsford Hospital, Farmington Hills, MI
28080 Grand River Avenue, Suite 208N, Farmington Hills, MI 48336