Dr. Gustav “Gus” Fischer is a board certified orthopedic surgeon with a subspecialty interest in arthritis and joint replacement surgery. His practice is geared toward individuals of all ages who are seeking to reduce pain and return to an active lifestyle.
Dr. Fischer uses state of the art techniques to diagnose and treat arthritis, fractures, tendon/ligament injury, and failed joint replacement. Care is tailored to each individual’s needs, goals, and expectations. Treatments include nonoperative pain relief, joint preservation, arthroscopy, partial joint replacement, total joint replacement, and advanced joint reconstruction.
Dr. Fischer is proud to practice in Oregon and be a part of the Portland community. His interests outside of work are many, but inevitably revolve around his family and closest friends.
Areas of expertise: General orthopedics, joint replacement
- Bachelor of Science, biology, Oregon State University
- M.D., University of Nevada School of Medicine
- Residency training in orthopaedic surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita
- Adult reconstruction fellowship, Cleveland Clinic
- Candidate Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Candidate Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member, Oregon Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Oregon Medical Association
Hospital Privileges: Providence Portland Medical Center
Conditions Treated: Bursitis, Fractures, Hip fracture, Joint dislocation, Knee injuries, Osteoarthritis, Osteomyelitis, Rheumatoid arthritis
- Fracture repair
- Hip replacement surgery
- Hip revision
- Joint aspiration
- Joint fusion
- Knee replacement surgery
- Ligament and tendon repair
Conformis does something that we believe no other knee implant manufacturer has done. We combine advanced 3D imaging technology with the latest in manufacturing capabilities to put the patient at the center of implant design.Contact Us