Syracuse VA Medical Center
Prashant Deshmane, MD
Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Surgeon at Syracuse VA Medical Center
Seth Gordhandas Sundardas Medical College
Fellowship-trained Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in Adult Reconstruction (Joint Replacement) and Sports Medicine.
Career includes serving as a Attending Orthopedic Surgeon for Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center and fellowships at the Lawrence Dorr Arthritis Institute at Los Angeles, Lenox Hill Hospital, Insall- Scott- Kelly Institute of Orthopedics and Sports medicine at Northshore-LIJ Health System in New York and Northwestern University at Chicago.
• Delivering individualized and successful inpatient and outpatient care with a specialization in Adult Reconstruction and Sports Medicine as a Consulting Orthopedic Surgeon for Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center, Hartsville SC
• Dedicated training in treating full spectrum of hip joint pathologies extending from minimally invasive surgical options like hip arthroscopy to preserve the joint; to treating end stage hip arthritis with Hip Joint primary and revision replacement surgeries. Specialized in anterior hip replacement and partial knee replacement.
• Extensive training with primary and revision Knee joint replacement surgeries
• Accredited orthopedic sports medicine training with team coverage experience with Northwestern University Athletes and Professional teams including Chicago Cubs and Chicago Blackhawks during fellowship
• As an International medical graduate, Dr. Deshmane has completed orthopedic surgery residency at the prestigious Seth GS Medical College, KEM Hospital in Mumbai. He has completed all 3 USMLE steps and completed 3 years of ACGME-accredited fellowship training and one and half years of Orthopedic Research fellowship in the United States.