Specializing in Trauma and Fracture Care, Spine Surgery, and Sports Medicine, Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Meinig is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. His practice runs the gamut from general orthopaedics to spine surgery. He graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio.
Dr. Meinig completed a fellowship in traumatology in Stuttgart, Germany and Davos, Switzerland. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rocky Mountain Traumatological Society, a medical advisor for BMW CCA car racing, and a medical provider for US Cycling Velodrome.
He has been an AO course director on fractures and a lecturer on deformity, bone defects, and reconstruction. Outside of the office, Dr. Meinig enjoys mountaineering, astronomy, scuba diving, vintage cars and motorcycles, dog sledding and mountain biking.
He specializes in trauma and fracture care, spine surgery, and sports medicine.
Medical Degree: University of Texas Medical School, San Antonio, Texas
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado
- Katharinen Hospital, Stuttgart, West Germany
- Klinik Rechts der Isar, Munich, West Germany
- Laboratory for Experimental Surgery, Swiss Research Institute, Davos
- Rocky Mountain Field Institute
- Sled Dog Club and International Sled Dog Racing Association, Colorado Mountain Mushers
- NORBA Veteran Mountain Bike Races
- Colorado Springs Astronomical Society
- BMW Vintage Car Racing