Dr. Vincent Santoro, MD is a board-certified orthopedic physician and surgeon with 20 years of experience treating sports injuries to the shoulder and knee, as well as arthritis. Throughout his career he has served as the team doctor for various high school and club sports teams.
Dr. Santoro uses state-of-the-art arthroscopic techniques to treat rotator cuff and biceps injuries, instability and impingement problems in the shoulder and ACL, and meniscus and patellar problems in the knee. He also performs knee and shoulder replacements and has significant experience in elbow and ankle injuries and fracture repair.
A natural teacher, Dr. Santoro was named Educator of the Year in 2001 by the University of Connecticut’s Orthopedic residency program. He is licensed to practice medicine and surgery in the state of Washington.
When injury strikes, your quality of life suffers. My goal is to provide you with an individualized, interactive treatment plan that allows you to return to your desired activity as quickly and safely as possible.
Having torn my ACL and undergone reconstructive surgery myself gives me perspective on what it’s like to recover and return balance back to one’s life. I strive to provide the care I would want for a loved one. I’m a firm believer that your mental and spiritual well-being plays an important role in your body’s ability to heal itself. I want to learn all about the kind of person you are and listen to your story. As my patient, you have a voice and a choice.
I work closely with physical therapists and physiatrists, chiropractors, acupuncture and massage therapists to ‘get you back in the game!’ I enjoy working with all ages on everything from repairing your soccer-playing daughter’s ACL to your mother’s rotator cuff.
From a surgical standpoint, I perform ACL surgery on a regular basis, often using allograft, which enhances recovery times for many people. I routinely do patellar realignment procedures, OATS procedures and meniscal repairs.
As a founding member of Shoulderworks, I am committed to state of the art arthroscopic treatment for shoulder problems and problem shoulders. Visit me at www.shoulderworks.com.
My mantra is PLAY. HEAL. PLAY!
If so, you should check out the new Conformis knee implant that is customized to the size and shape of your knee.
I’m the first surgeon to offer the Conformis implant in Washington state, and patients rave about the results.
- Fellowship, Advanced Clinical Experience in Orthopedic Traumatology and Reconstruction – University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- AO Fellowship in Shoulder, Knee and Trauma – University of Berne, Switzerland
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery – University of Connecticut,Farmington, CT
- M.D., University of Connecticut Medical School, Farmington, CT
- B.S., University of Connecticut, Chemistry (graduated Summa Cum Laude)
Associations/ Organizations/ Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Orthopedic Trauma Association
- Team Physician: Seattle Majestic Football Club
- Delegate to Washington State Medical Association
- Educator of the Year (2001), University of Connecticut Ortho Residency Program
- Orthopedic Surgeon, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
In The News