London Bridge Hospital
Paul Jairaj, Consultant
Click here to request an expedited appointment with Dr. Jairaj.
Please fill out the form and Dr.Jairaj's office will contact you shortly.
University of Birmingham
“Mr Paul Jairaj is one of London’s leading Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons specialising in the most advanced proven treatment options in the Hip and Knee, including hip and knee arthroscopic surgery, joint preservation and joint replacement surgery.
Patients with pain, sporting injuries, and arthritis of the hip and knee travel from all corners of the UK and internationally to be seen by Paul at his Central London Practice.
Paul is one of UK’s first surgeons to pioneer the use of 3D planned patient-specific custom prostheses for both Hip and Knee Replacements and has the largest combined experience in the UK of these two procedures. All these innovative techniques lead to faster recovery, improved function and better outcomes in his patients. Patients will always be seen in conjunction with a multidisciplinary professional approach, one of Mr Jairaj’s core beliefs and practices.
Areas of clinical expertise:
• Treatment of Osteoarthritis of Hip and Knee with Customised 3D planned patient specific Joint replacements
• Femoroacetabular Impingement
• Meniscus preservation and repair
• Anatomic Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
• Minicapsular incision Hip Arthoscopic surgery for labral tear cartilage damage and CAM/Pincer femoroacetabular impingement
• Articular Cartilage Regeneration and Repair of the Hip and Knee utilising Latest techniques including stem cell techniques
• Subchondroplasty Procedure
Paul qualified at the University of Birmingham and his surgical training was on the prestigious Imperial College Scheme obtaining the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS Eng) qualification.
At the end of his training, he undertook visiting Fellowships at Centers of Excellence across the United States including Harvard and The Hospital for Special Surgery New York, and a French Fellowship at the Clinique du Sport in Bordeaux.
Paul loves anything sports related and plays lots of Tennis and Golf
Paul Jairaj is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, the British Orthopaedic Association International Affiliate, The American College of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine and the British Medical Association.