What is patient-specific, and why does it matter?
Patients vary in more ways than gender, race, and size. At ConforMIS, we believe that optimizing implant fit and performance requires a patient-specific approach.
Patient-Specific Articular Implants: "Not Your Father's Custom"
Traditional custom orthopedics have been associated with long delivery times, complex pre-surgical planning, and extraordinary cost. ConforMIS has taken advantage of the latest advances in digital technology to create proprietary technology platforms that allow articular repair using a patient-specific approach.
- iFit Technology converts scan data into implants that are precisely sized and shaped to conform to the unique 3D topography of an individual joint.
- iJig Instrumentation utilizes the same data to create disposable cut and placement guides that simplify the surgical technique, improve reproducibility, and create efficiencies for the hospital.
Advantages of a Patient-Specific Approach
ConforMIS patient-specific implants and instrumentation offer unique advantages versus traditional knee replacement options: Patient-specific, wear optimized design
- Anatomic shape and fit for natural kinematics
- Full coverage of all weight bearing areas
- Tibial component matched to cortical rim
- Articulating surfaces engineered to reduce contact stress
Minimally invasive, minimally traumatic Patient- specific, wear optimized design
- Resurfacing solution with minimal bone resection
- ACL and PCL preserving
- No intramedullary canal penetration
- Revision can be to primary TKA
Simple, reproducible surgical technique Patient- specific, wear optimized design
- iJig patient-specific instrumentation
- Fewer bone cuts, fewer steps
- Minimal intra-operative sizing or trials
- iView™ patient-specific planning images
Operating room efficiencies Patient- specific, wear optimized design
- Simplified set-up and tear down
- Minimal instrumentation required
- System delivered in single, disposable tray
- Reduced sterilization and inventory costs