Join Conformis and the National Arthritis Foundation in Recognizing Arthritis Awareness Month
May is recognized each year as National Arthritis Awareness Month. Arthritis is a disease that impacts more than 50 million Americans, making it the number one cause of disability in the country. That means 1 in every 5 adults, 300,000 children and countless families are affected by arthritis. These numbers are only going to keep growing—unless we take a stand.
Conformis is excited to be partnering with the National Arthritis Foundation to end joint pain. We have created a team to walk in the upcoming Walk to Cure Arthritis happening on Sunday, June 24, 2018 at Canal Park in Cambridge Massachusetts.
Register here to join our team and Walk to Cure Arthritis
Donate here to support our team and our patients
Volunteer to support our cause and volunteer with the Arthritis Foundation
Our goal is to raise money to beat arthritis and provide an opportunity for fun with family, friends, patients and business partners.
The article below was originally published on the Arthritis Foundation Blog
The Arthritis Foundation is leading the way to conquer arthritis and its effects through our advocacy efforts at the state level and on Capitol Hill, our cutting-edge scientific research, and our tools and resources that help you live your best life.
The first steps in conquering arthritis are learning the facts, understanding your condition and knowing that help is by your side. Below, you’ll find some telling statistics about the current impact of arthritis on the U.S. population, resources to help you learn more about arthritis, and additional information on how you can help and get involved.
Arthritis by the Numbers:
- Nearly 53 million adults have doctor-diagnosed arthritis; that number is expected to grow to 67 million by 2030.
- Almost 300,000 babies, kids and teens have arthritis or a rheumatic condition.
- Arthritis is the nation’s No. 1 cause of disability.
- Working-age men and women (ages 18 to 64) with arthritis are less likely to be employed than those of the same age without arthritis.
- 1/3 of working-age people with arthritis have limitations in their ability to work, the type of work they can do or whether they can work part time or full time.
- People with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis –two major kinds of arthritis – miss a combined 172 million workdays every year.
- Arthritis and related conditions account for more than $156 billion annually in lost wages and medical expenses.
- There are nearly 1 million hospitalizations each year due to arthritis.
- 57% of adults with heart disease have arthritis.
- 52% of adults with diabetes have arthritis.
- 44% of adults with high blood pressure have arthritis.
- 36% of adults who are obese have arthritis.
- 1/3 of adults with arthritis age 45 and older have either anxiety or depression.
You can visit our website for even more arthritis facts and statistics >>
Resources That Can Help:
- Learn more about the different types of arthritis on the Arthritis Foundation website
- Check out our resources to help you find ways to live better with arthritis
- Learn more about the tools and resources we offer to help you manage your disease
- Sign up for our e-newsletters to stay updated on the latest news and information related to arthritis
This content was originally published on the Arthritis Foundation Blog
Clinical Study Finds Bilateral Knee Patients Prefer Conformis’ Fully Personalized Solution Over Competitive Off-the-Shelf Implants by a Factor of Over 10 to 1
A published retrospective study of patients shows the superiority of Conformis’ implants in several key measures of clinical success and patient satisfaction. According to the study published in The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery Reviews (JBJS Reviews)1, patients who had undergone bilateral total knee arthroplasty (TKA) preferredView article
Conformis Info, Knee Replacements
PrecisionEffect and SurveyHealthcare Knee Implant Patient Survey 2018
In 2018, Conformis engaged independent third-party researchers to conduct a study of patient satisfaction with knee implants – Conformis vs. Non-Conformis. The results of this third-party study show that the vast majority of Conformis patients are confident and satisfied with their knee replacement, and areView article
Getting Back on my Feet FAST
My name is Linda Bilardello and I have a Conformis implant As a physical therapist working and living outside Columbus, Ohio, my job is to help clients achieve the best physical mobility that they can. Many of them are living with congenital disorders or wereView article
Find A Doctor
Find a knee or hip replacement doctor near you with the surgeon locator tool from Conformis.Find A Doctor