Webcast from Conformis on Revolutionary Bicompartmental Knee Resurfacing Implant Now Available on ORlive.com, YouTube
View the interviews from leading orthopedic experts to learn more
Burlington, Mass. — January 6, 2011 — On December 14th at 7:00pm EDT, OR-Live broadcasted a panel discussion on the Conformis iDuo® G2, the next generation of its bicompartmental knee resurfacing system. You have the opportunity to learn more about the technology from pioneers in the field through a YouTube video of the panel.
The iDuo G2 provides a less invasive alternative to total knee replacement for patients suffering from disease in the medial (inner) or lateral (outer) compartment of the knee, along with the patellofemoral joint (the area behind the kneecap). By targeting just the diseased portions of the joint, the iDuo G2 enables appropriately selected patients to preserve all of their ligaments and far more bone than a traditional total knee replacement.
- Tom Minas, MD, MS, Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Harvard Medical School, and Director of the Cartilage Repair Center, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Wolfgang Fitz, MD, Instructor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Harvard Medical School and Attending Surgeon at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Raj Sinha, MD, PhD, Director of the Bone and Joint Institute at JFK Memorial Hospital, Indio, CA
- Craig Loucks, MD, Chief of Orthopedics and Neurosurgery at Sky Ridge Medical Center, Denver, CO
- Gregory Martin, MD, Medical Director of the Orthopaedic Institute at JFK Medical Center, Palm Beach, FL
For more information on Conformis visit www.conformis.com.
About Conformis, Inc.
Conformis, Inc. is a privately-held company that develops and commercializes medical devices for osteoarthritis treatment and joint damage. Its proprietary intellectual property includes more than 250 patents and patent applications in the areas of imaging software, image processing, implant design, surgical techniques, instrumentation, and manufacturing. Conformis knee implants and instrumentation are designed to address all stages of osteoarthritis, the most common reason for knee replacement surgery. All devices have been cleared by the US Food and Drug Administration for marketing in the US. In 2009, Conformis was named a winner of the Medical Design Excellence Awards, the premier recognition for contributions and advances in the design of medical products, for its iUni and iDuo resurfacing implants. Follow Conformis on Twitter at @Conformis and become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Conformis.
Conformis Announces U.S. Commercial Launch of Cordera™ Match Hip System
Cordera™ Match Hip System combines the proven Cordera™ hip stem with Conformis’ state-of-the-art, personalized pre-operative plans and patient-specific instruments. BILLERICA, Mass., December
Conformis Announces 510(k) Clearance for Cordera™ Hip System
Cordera™ Hip System with optional patient-specific instrumentation and personalized surgical plan joins the 3D Conformis Hip System as the latest