An alternative to total knee replacements
Today, many patients with osteoarthritis of the medial or lateral compartment plus patellofemoral receive a total knee replacement (TKR) without consideration of other options.
The iDuo offers an alternative to traditional TKR by combining proven principles for patellofemoral treatment with the advantages of the ConforMIS partial knee system:
Provides a customized fit specific to your knee
- Femoral and tibial implants designed to follow the contour of each patient’s anatomy
- Tibial tray designed for maximized cortical rim coverage and proper rotational alignment
Designed to mimic the natural shape of your knee
- The shape of your knee plays an important role in how you bend and extend your knee
- iDuo is designed to mimic the natural shape of your knee, which gives your knee the potential to feel and move more naturally
Allows for a less traumatic procedure
- iJig instrumentation customized for each patient using CT scan data
- Preserves all ligaments and conserves far more bone than traditional TKR
- Fewer bone cuts to preserve more of your natural knee for future treatment, if necessary
Improved operating room efficiencies
- iDuo is delivered in a single, pre-sterilized kit in advance of surgery, which means limited implant inventory for the hospital
- Pre-sterilized, disposable instruments and a single reusable instrument tray mean easy set up and tear down
iDuo allows the surgeon to treat just the affected compartments of the knee in a procedure that not only provides patients with the potential for more natural knee motion, but also preserves future treatment options—a benefit to both patients and surgeons alike.
Surgeons: 10 Things To Know
Not all patient-specific systems are created equal
The iDuo Knee Repair System (KRS) is intended for use in patients with severe knee joint pain and disability whose conditions cannot be solely addressed by the use of a prosthetic device that treats only a single knee compartment. Only a licensed physician can help you determine the appropriate medical treatment. There are potential risks to knee replacement surgery, and individual results may vary. Before making any decisions concerning medical treatment, consult your physician regarding your options and the risks of those options. The longevity, performance and feel of any knee implant will depend on various factors, including your physical condition, your activity level, adherence to your physician’s instructions, and other factors.
The indications for use including restoring joint function and relief of pain due to:
- painful joint disease due to osteoarthritis, traumatic arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis of the knee,
- post traumatic loss of joint function
- failed osteotomies, hemiarthroplasties, and unicondylar implants.
The iDuo KRS may be utilized when the medial or lateral condyle and the patellofemoral areas have been affected by one or more of these conditions.
This implant is intended for cemented use only.
Caution: Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.